Jenn from Chicago!

Let us get to know you! Introduce yourself to the ACU community here.
ACUAdmin
Site Admin
Name: Jenn G.
Club Name: JAPC

Jenn from Chicago!

Postby ACUAdmin » 23 Oct 2015 19:50

Hello all, my name is Jenn and I ran a anime club in Chicago from October 2000 to October 2015. It was a fun run, and now i can use what i have learned here at ACU! I have been into anime since the mid 90's.

I'm a electrician by trade, jewelry designer by night. I practice the arts of wires, beads, electronics, and web design. Powered by nature, supportive friends and family, and the occasional Cheeseburger or Chicago Hot Dog.

I like other things too, like Doctor Who, Sherlock, Star Trek, Star Wars. Big fan of the shows Supernatural and Face Off. I'm not much of a gamer anymore, as arthritis doesn't permit me to navigate a controller like I used to. I watch my husband, David play games for the most part so I get the story and characters, like I'm watching a movie. I'm a big fan of the Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect games. In my younger days, I was a Street Fighter brat.

I'm now older, and my tastes in anime are different then they were ten years ago. I just don't have a lot of interest of tolerance in the "moe" and "ecchi" genre, so I tend to stick with shows that are on the more serious or mystery, supernatural, slice of life side(think Durarara!!, Black Lagoon, GANGSTA, Madoka, Mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou etc). I also like me a good sports anime. My all time Favorite is Prince of Tennis. Idol anime is a genre I have gotten into recently, and my favorites so far are Uta no Price Sama and Shounen Hollywood. I love a good comedy too (RomComs), but only if there is a strong effort to get past toliet humor and anatomy jokes)

Oh, and I'm one of those few that enjoy my anime subtitled. 8-)

Nice to meet you!
-Jenn G
ACU ADMIN/MOD
Anime Fan since the mid 1990's
Anime Club President 2000-2015

Return to “Introductions”